Slice 292 of 365
I’ve had it up to here (hand held above head) with all these lists about mother’s love and almost none about father’s, so I made my own list. It may not be universal but it fits me.
- We cried the day you were born.
- We’re not usually angry at you, we’re angry at your mother.
- We were sad when you didn’t want to play any more.
- We like hugging, no matter how old you are.
- We regret all the times we didn’t have time for you.
- We sometimes stare at your empty rooms.
- We think about our mistakes, a lot.
- We loved tucking you in, it was the best part of the day.
- Your first day of school, when you got your license, and when you left for college, three scariest moments ever.
- We love you just as much as your mother.