advice, blog post, bra, bully, fben franklin, firearm, gun, inspiration, life, live, luggae, queen victoria, respect, sayings, Slice of life, teddy roosevelt, texting and driving, weapon, wisdom, wise, writing
Slice 79 of 365
I ran across a blog post yesterday on Facebook that was titled “100 of the Wisest Sayings.” Expecting wisdom and inspiration I clicked on it because, let’s face it, I can always use more wisdom and inspiration.
It was not what it was advertised as, not in my mind at least. It wasn’t wise words from Benjamin Franklin, Theodore Roosevelt or Queen Victoria. It was a list of advice, in my opinion at least, I assume written by the blog author. Since I was already there I read the list and have a few comments.
I’m not showing the entire list here, you can click above to see the entire list. Below is just where I had a strong enough opinion to make note. Me, strong opinion? Nah… And by the way they’re not all negative, so there.
2. Never end a relationship by text message – Agree, there are a ton of things you shouldn’t do by text.
5. Always use “we” when referring to your home team or your government – I don’t have a home team, don’t get me started on sports.
12. Never park in front of a bar – I don’t really go to bars but if you can park right in front isn’t it the best way to find your car again?
15. Hold your heroes to a high standard – Heroes are people who perform extraordinarily heroic acts in impossible situations, they’re normal people who did a heroic thing. I don’t believe in Professional heroes.
16. Don’t text and drive – Agree, agree, agree!! Should be first on the list.
22. Don’t fill up on bread, no matter how good – From a practical, fiscal standpoint if you fill up on bread it means you take leftovers home and get two meals instead of one making your buck stretch.
23. A handshake beats an autograph – Can’t I have both?
25. If you do something, do it with passion or not at all – I actually want to agree with this one but I do think there are exceptions. I’d rather have volunteers at a soup kitchen lending half a hand then be short hands.
29. Never eat lunch at your desk if you can avoid it. – Disagree, it gets me out of work that much faster to work through lunch and then I get MY time back.
33. It’s never too late for an apology – Big, huge agree!
37. When you marry someone, remember you marry their entire family – Hits the nail on the head!
41. Don’t make a scene – In general maybe but there are occasions for a scene just like there are occasions for saying f*ck you.
45. Invest in great luggage – obviously not written by a poor person.
51. Give your seat up to the elderly – Another nail right on the head, should be further up the list.
53. Address everyone that carries a firearm professionally – People who carry firearms for their jobs will get treated respectfully from me as long as I’m being respected. All others who carry open I just weep for.
54. Stand up to bullies.You’ll only have to do it once – Yeah just once doesn’t work…
56. Admit it when you’re wrong – Agree, don’t try to weasel out here.
66. Be cool to younger kids. Reputations are built over a lifetime – Maybe it’s just semantics here but I don’t like the word “cool”. Be yourself, that’s your reputation.
71. If you don’t understand, ask before it’s too late – YES!
75. Keep your word – YES AGAIN!
76. Fight for what matters – And one more YES!
80. The opposite sex like people who shower – Same sex too.
91. Always wear a bra at work – Boy I wish I knew if the author was a man or a woman. I think I will wholeheartedly disagree with this one.
95. Know the words to your national anthem – Ummmm…. Maybe yes, Maybe no.
97. Smile at strangers – Completely agree!
100. Pray – For those who believe in I guess go for it.
This may have inspired me to compile my own list. Whether it will be serious or not remains to be seen.